Does Anyone Know What the Hell Clown from Slipknot Is Talking About?
Look. I’ve made it clear before that I’m a Slipknot fan. But I just read percussionist Shawn “Clown” Crahan’s most recent interview with MTV, and while I’m not a doctor, I do feel confident saying that the dude either a) needs to be on some kind of medication or b) needs to stop taking whatever medication he’s on.
Here are some key excerpts from the interview, so you have some sense of what I mean:
- “We’re a great band, and if you don’t know that, I don’t know what you know.”
- “I’m not that guy who’s going to tell you [our new album is] harder. Harder, to me, doesn’t mean anything. I could give a shit about hard. Hard means nothing to the Clown.”
- “Listen, we are the hardest ever.”
- “So, it’s like, is this band heavy? Oh, yeah, we’re the heaviest. We’re heavy thinkers, heavy hitters, heavy writers and heavy people.”
- “You’re finally seeing the kings of all the courts bringing their kingdom’s jewels in for one gigantic war.”
- “For me, this is like going to Vietnam, serving your tour and then the government asking you to do another tour because you’re a badass. We’ve got 10 purple hearts, and we’re fucking killers. This isn’t your rock and roll; this is our rock and roll.”
Wow. Does anyone know where I can get some of the acid that this dude is dropping?