REMINDER: BECOME THE MARYLAND DEATHFEST MVP, WIN A BUNCH OF COOL STUFF FROM RELAPSE RECORDS!
IN CASE Y’ALL SOMEHOW FORGOT!!!
The ninth annual installement of Maryland Deathfest, arguably America’s best extreme music festival, will take place from May 26 – 29, and will feature performances from Neurosis, Coroner, Voivod, Nuclear Assault, Corrosion of Conformity, Cathedral, Exhorder, Ghost, Kylesa, Exhumed, and tons more! You can get more details and tickets here.
To celebrate this stupendous occasion, MetalSucks is teaming up with Relapse Records for an incredibly cool contest: THE MDF MVP. Here’s how it’s gonna work:
- Anytime between now and Monday, May 16 at midnight EST, send an e-mail to news AT metalsucks DOT net with the subject line “MDF MVP.”
- The contents of the e-mail should include anything and everything you think proves thatyou should be this year’s MDF MVP. How many other installments of the fest have you attended? Have any great stories? Pictures? Memorabilia? Memories of great or terrible bands? It’s up to you to convince the panel of judges that you deserve to win.
- Speaking of the panel of judges, look at the MDF MVPs we ‘ve rounded up to reign over this contest! Andres Erickson (General Surgery/Sayyadina), Matt Harvey (Exhumed/Depakitator), Rich Hoak (Brutal Truth/Total Fucking Destruction), Mike Hrubovcak (Monstosity), Mike Majewski (Devourment), Matt Moore (Absu/ Rumpelstiltskin Grinder), and Proscriptor (Absu) will look over the entries and choose the MDF MVP!!!
- The winner gets any 2 shirts, 1 LP, 2 CDs , and a mystery prize from the Relapse booth at this year’s MDF (Relapse titles only).
- The winner will be announced the week of May 23.
And that’s it! This should be a really fun contest that separates the real fans from the chumps… so get crackin’ on those entries!!!
-Axl, Vince, and Everyone at MetalSucks