REMINDER: WIN A ONE-OF-A-KIND OBSCURA VAPORIZER FROM RELAPSE RECORDS AND SILVER SURFER!
We’ve already had a lot of great entries, but we wanted to remind you about this awesome contest we’re running in case you’re pot-addled brain forgot!!!
Above you see a photo of an awesome, ONE OF A KIND, Silver Surfer-produced, Obscura vaporizer, with a retail value of $600. And we’re just gonna give it away to one lucky winner! Plus, oh yeah, some copies of Obscura’s orgasm-inducingly good new album, Omnivium (out now on Relapse — order one here!), and some sweet Obscura merch, too.
Here’s how you win:
- Anytime between now and June 17 — one week before Obscura kick off their most excellent summer tour with Children of Bodom, Devin Townsend, and Septicflesh — send an e-mail to MetalSucks with “OBSCURA VAPE CONTEST” in the subject line.
- In the e-mail, include a design for a weed smoking device that would be ideal for use in outer space (in keeping with the theme of Obscura’s album art for both Omnivium and Cosmogenesis). How you present that design is entirely up to you — you can just describe it (but be colorful… this is MetalSucks, not your high school science fair), or send in a drawing, a diagram, pictures of a sculpture, or, if you really wanna go for the gold, a photo of an actual working unit.
- OBSCURA THEMSELVES (!!!) WILL JUDGE THE WINNERS, which we’ll announce just before they kick off the aforementioned most excellent tour.
- One grand-prize winner will get the vape (including a soft carrier and all necessary accessories — e.g. a glass blower, tube, etc.), a copy of Omnivium, and an Obscura t-shirt.
- Two runners-up will get a copy of Omnivium and an Obscura t-shirt.
- Unlike so many of our contests, this one is actually open to fans from around the world! In part because the vape actually has European voltage/wiring, which means non-Europeans will have to purchase a converter
And that’s it! We’re really stoked on this contest — remember, this is a one of a kind vaporizer that you cannot get anywhere else — so get crackin’! The more creative your entry, the better your chances of winning. Good luck!
And after the jump, check out more pics of the vaporizer in question, plus get tour dates for that Children of Bodom/Devin Townsend/Obscura/Septicflesh tour!
And here are those tour dates…
June 24 Los Angeles, CA House of Blues
June 25 San Francisco, CA Slim’s
June 26 Portland, OR Roseland
June 27 Seattle, WA Showbox at the Market
June 28 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom
June 30 Calgary, AB MacEwan Ballroom
July 2 Edmonton, AB Edmonton Events Center
July 3 Saskatoon, SK Odeon
July 4 Winnipeg, MB Garrick Center
July 5 St. Paul, MN Station Four
July 6 Chicago, IL House of Blues
July 8 Atlanta, GA Masquerade
July 9 Orlando, FL BeachamTheater
July 10 Ft. Lauderdale, FL Revolution
July 12 Pittsburgh, PA Mr. Smalls
July 13 Norfolk, VA The Norva
July 14 Springfield, VA Jaxx
July 15 Springfield, VA Jaxx
July 16 New York, NY Best Buy Theatre
July 17 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero Theatre
July 19 Worcester, PA Palladium
July 21 Halifax, NS Multipurpose Centre (* no Devin Townsend)
July 23 Toronto, ONT Downsview Park (* as part of Heavy TO w/ Megadeth, Rob Zombie, Slayer, etc.)
July 24 Montreal, QC Parc Jean-Drapeau (* as part of Heavy MTL w/ KISS, Motörhead, etc.)
-Axl, Vince, and Everyone at MetalSucks