VINTAGE INTERVIEWS WITH JAMES HETFIELD, SCOTT IAN, KIRK HAMMETT, AND METAL FANS PROVIDE EPIC LULZ
Holy shit, this is at least the second funniest thing I’ve seen all day. I have no idea where these old interviews are from or exactly what year they were conducted (I mean clearly it’s the early 90s sometime but I don’t know the precise dates or anything), but they are absolutely priceless, and definitely a must-watch. Highlights include:
- James Hetfield when he was still drunk, mean, and inarticulate.
- Scott Ian discussing offering to help a friend kill Joey Belladonna “and his chick and then bury them in one of his unused wells where they’ve been digging for water.” (Ian and Belladonna obviously get along much better now.)
- Kirk Hammett saying that if Dave Mustaine had never been fired from Metallica, “I would be playing with Megadeth… well, with better vocals, though. ‘Cause I can sing better than that guy.”
- Someone massacring a copy of So Far, So Good… So What? with a shotgun.
- Interviews with some of the smartest metal fans in the history of the genre.
Seriously, drop what you’re doing and watch this, you will not regret it.
Major props to Shane Gillis for sending this in!!!