IN WHICH WE SHUTTERED UP THE MANSION FOR THE REST OF 2011
video via Metal Insider
Today is the last day of regular posting on MetalSucks for the remainder of the year. We’ll still have some posts now and then — our annual Heavy Metal Hanukkah contest starts next week, we might have a series of cool new guest blogs from an old friend for you, and, of course, if there’s any major breaking news, we’ll cover it — but most of your regularly scheduled programming is going on hiatus while we enjoy the holidays.
But until we’re back, have fun reviewing our top stories from this week, won’t you?
- We debuted a new video from Novembers Doom, new music by Nylithia, and, thanks to our pals at Decibel, new music from Autopsy.
- Lazarus AD’s Jeff Paulick nominated Marion Barber for president and Jonah Livingston from Ramming Speed told us about his live drum set-up.
- We spoke to Devin Townsend and Repulsion.
- We checked out the latest release from Kevin Hufnagel and some free shit from Australia.
- We listened to more previously unreleased material from Metallica’s Death Magnetic sessions.
- We got excited about the line-up for this year’s New England Metal and Hardcore Festival.
- We got even more excited to learn that Puddle of Mudd’s Wes Scantlin is a criminal.
- We accepted an apology from the world’s most pretentious metal band.
- The future ex-Mrs. Vince Neilstein serenaded us with a piano cover of Mastodon’s “Oblivion.”
- Dummy Nosenothing continued to know nothing. How come we don’t fire this idiot?
Thanks for another sucky year, gang. See ya in 2012!