In Which We Lost Our MVP
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
And now, the week’s top stories!
- Dave Lombardo is out of Slayer again, and we don’t think anyone can replace him.
- We debuted new music by East of the Wall and Lock Up.
- Brendon Small from Brendon Small’s Galaktikon told us about his favorite festival experience, and Alex Skolnick from Testament told us about his live rig.
- West Texas A&M University launched a course on metal lyrics.
- Shock of shocks, David Draiman’s new band sucks as bad as his old one.
- MetalGF saw Gojira.
- We gave you a run-down of everything we know about the new album from The Ocean thus far.
- We tried to figure out what the numbers on Meshuggah’s set list mean.
- Shining won a $180k grant and vowed to tour the U.S.
- We listened to metal versions of theme songs from Studio Ghibli movies.
I hope you all have a very nice weekend. Vince will be back next week so you won’t have to put up with quite as much of my shit. ‘Til then, my lovelies…