In Which We Introduced The Worst Week Ever Playlist
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
So hey you know those videos we usually put up here? Yeah well we’re not doing that anymore. Instead, we’re doing something much cooler: The MetalSucks Worst Week Ever Playlist. It’ll be a handful of songs that are either relevant to the week’s most interesting stories, or just stuff that I’m digging because screw you I’m in charge. The playlist will change each week, and while we’ll be posting it at the top of every edition of Worst Week Ever, don’t forget that you can also subscribe to the playlist and just get it that way.
So here’s the inaugural MetalSucks Worst Week Ever Playlist! We hope it gets your weekend started on the right foot…
…and here are the week’s top stories:
- After four years in a coma, Deftones bassist Chi Cheng passed away. Here are reactions from throughout the community.
- MetalSucks readers say that Converge’s Jacob Bannon should have sat atop our list of The Top 25 Modern Metal Frontmen. So we went ahead and added him to our corresponding Spotify playlist.
- The Red Chord’s Guy Kozowyk is a cop now!
- The Black Dahlia Murder’s Trevor Strnad railed against music pirates.
- I argued that Black Sabbath have grown artistically irrelevant, and then they proved it.
- Phil Anselmo announced his first-ever full-length solo album.
- Despite promises that he’d be dead or in prison by now, Ted Nugent is alive and free.
- The singer from Attila promised to quit the music biz if the band’s new album doesn’t sell well. Promises, promises.
- We found scientific proof that Mets fans prefer metal, while Yankees fans listen to rap.
- Nicko McBrain’s wife tried to stab somebody, and when that didn’t work, she tried to beat them with logs.
Peace out, kiddies.