Neilstein Soundscam: Debuts from TesseracT, Kylesa and ASG
Lots of chart movement this week with five new bands appearing, three of whom released new albums last week.
More complete pure sales figures this week and every week at Metal Insider!
1. ↑ Alice in Chains / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 3 / Weeks On: 5
Hard to deny a band that sold 61k friggin’ albums the #1 spot, despite the low FB Fan Activity % (which, as it happens, has been steadily rising). Congrats!
2. ↔ The Black Dahlia Murder / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 2 / Weeks On: 4
Band continues to enjoy awesome buzz in advance of the new album.
3. ↓ The Dillinger Escape Plan / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 1 / Weeks On: 6
FB Fan Activity % is still very solid despite continuing to drop post-album release. YouTube plays and albums sold are slowing down greatly, but DEP will be around for a while still.
4. TesseracT / Peak: 4 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
I feel bad for leaving TesseracT off this list until now because they definitely deserve to have been included in the weeks leading up to the release of Altered State. The album is getting really good reviews, even from folks who ordinarily aren’t into djent at all. And look at that FB Engagement number!
5. Kylesa / Peak: 5 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
Kylesa are back on the charts for their release week after making an appearance on prior weeks’ charts earlier on in the album hype cycle.
6. ↓ ASG / Peak: 4 / Last Week: 4 / Weeks On: 3
A solid showing for ASG in week one. That’s a hell of an FB Fan Activity figure, meaning the band’s existing fans are highly engaged (although it remains to be seen if they’re gaining new ones).
7. ↑ Amon Amarth / Peak: 7 / Last Week: 9 / Weeks On: 2
That FB Activity % is excellent for a band with so many followers and whose album is still weeks away from release.
8. ↓ Ghost / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 5 / Weeks On: 11
The albums sold figure is now dropping by a couple hundred a week, approaching 30k cumulative. FB % and YouTube plays are slowing down too.
9. Children of Bodom / Peak: 9 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
FB engagement % is very low, but that’s not surprising for a band with so many likes. YouTube is solid… other videos are performing well too. Look for a big first week sales figure from these guys.
10. Scale the Summit / Peak: 10 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
With yet another new song out and a big tour on the way these guys should fare well in coming weeks.