Former Lostprophets Vocalist Ian Watkins Pleads Guilty To Child Sex Charges
It was just about a year ago that two women in their early twenties and thirty-six-year-old Ian Watkins, lead singer for the completely awful British band Lostprophets (who have since broken up as a result of this scandal), were all arrested and charged with conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a female under 13 and possession/distribution of indecent images of children. Sounds like some swell folks, right? So, first of all, let’s all celebrate the fact that the past year has apparently not been very good to Watkins, and that his new look makes him far more readily identifiable as a scum-sucking pedophile.
Second of all (and obviously of far greater importance), although Watkins was denying the accusations as recently as this past June, The PRP reports that he has now plead guilty to the following charges:
- Conspiring to rape a child
- Sexually assaulting a child under the age of 13
- Aiding and abetting a female co-defendant to sexually assault a child under 13
- Possessing indecent photographs of children
- Two counts of taking indecent photographs of children
- Possession of bestiality pornography
- Two counts of attempting to rape of an eleven month old child
Watkins’ female accomplices also plead guilty to various charges, and are arguably even more despicable than the singer, because they are the mothers of the abused children.
And in case that didn’t already make you sick to your stomach, here are some other details revealed during the legal proceedings, via tweets from ITV News correspondent Rupert Evelyn, who was in the courthouse:
- When one of the mothers floated the idea of “a summer of incest and child porn,” Watkins replied, “Hell yeah, baby.”
- The trio discussed “whoring out” the kids.
- Watkins told one mother that “the sooner we start training [her child] the better.”
- Watkins and one of the mothers filmed the attempted rape.
- One of the children tested positive for meth. There’s also apparently been some discussion of possible crack use.
Watkins remains under investigation, as authorities believe he may have abused even more minors. Meanwhile, he and his two accomplices will be sentenced for the above crimes on December 18. I hope they all get sent to jail for a very long time, during which they are raped. A lot.