In Which We Took Some Risks
WORST WEEK EVER PLAYLIST, May 12 – May 16, 2014
In honor of Vince’s editorial on creativity, this week’s playlist focuses on the creative evolution — or lack thereof — of various bands he mentioned. Enjoy.
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
Here are this week’s top stories:
- As I Lay Dying/Austrian Death Machine vocalist Tim Lambesis has been sentenced to six years in prison for attempted murder.
- Vik Kuletski, founder of Vik Guitars, found himself under fire after he made homophobic comments related to Cynic.
- Cannibal Corpse are playing this year’s Gathering of the Juggalos (srsly), as are Converge, Sunn O))), and Immortal (not srsly).
- Mike Portnoy weighed in on the Queensrÿche name drama.
- An Australian lifeguard mistook two members of Black Veil Brides for ladies, tee-hee.
- We mourned the loss of H.R. Giger.
- We enjoyed this ukulele cover of Slayer’s “Warn Ensemble.”
- We actually had to defend Five Finger Death Punch.
- We spoke to The Atlas Moth’s Stavros Giannopoulos on The MetalSucks Podcast.
- We love the new Body Count song, we swear!
Have a great weekend, gang! See ya Monday.