Elote 5’s Legendary Maíz de los Condenados to be Released as Limited Edition 315 Gram Vinyl-Colored Vinyl LP
Legendary Mexican grind pioneers Elote 5 have announced that they’ll celebrate the fifteenth anniversary of their groundbreaking debut, Maíz de los Condenados, by reissuing the album as a special edition 315 gram double vinyl-colored vinyl on August 26 via No Beba El Agua/Universal Records. In addition to the classic album itself, the vinyl edition of Condenados will include new album art, new liner notes by journalist Inés Sainz, and the band’s patented elote recipe.
The anniversary vinyl-colored vinyl edition of Maíz de los Condenados will have an extremely limited pressing of 250 copies, none of which will contain the entire two-record set. Collectors will therefore have to team up with a friend to buy two copies of the release, and hope that luck is on their side and they each get different halves of the whole. PBS has already declared this to be “the singlest tr00est vinyl release of all time.”
The track list for this beyond-special release is below. Pre-orders should be available soon.
- “Hispanos Satánicos”
- “Si Usted Puede Leer Esto, Usted Puede Leer Español”
- “¿Quién Violó El Perro?”
- “Oh, Dios Mío! ¿Dónde Está Todo Viene?”
- “Que Cortó El Queso?”
- “Lloviendo Sangrienta Marías”
- “Tiempo Para Una Siesta (Interludio)”
- “Atrapado En Enojo”
- “La Parte No Perdonado Ocho”
- “Llevar A Mi Esposa, Por Favor”
- “Los Caucásicos No Pueden Decir La Diferencia Entre Nosotros y Los Españoles y Colombianos”
- “Vamos A Echar Hacia Atrás Texas”