In Which We Were The Best Metal Drummer
THE METALSUCKS WORST WEEK PLAYLIST — WEEK OF JUNE 23 – JUNE 27, 2014
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
Here are this week’s top stories:
- We debuted new music from Black Tusk.
- We were THRILLED to announce that MetalSucks will present Origin’s next North American headlining tour, which will also include King Parrot, Beyond Creation, and, on select dates, Abolishment of Flesh and Your Chance to Die.
- We had a good laugh when Avenged Sevenfold’s Arin Ilejay called Metallica’s Lars Ulrich “the best metal drummer.”
- We spoke to Nick Hipa (Wovenwar, ex-As I Lay Dying) on The MetalSucks Podcast.
- Fall Out Boy: now featuring more Slayer!
- Forget Al Jourgensen, vocalist for Ministry; meet Al Jourgensen, weatherman.
- Celebrities Photoshopped to look like Juggalos? Sure, why not?
- Eyehategod, Ringworm, Enabler, and five other bands all got took.
- Limp Bizkit gave Anthrax cooties.
- Judas Priest’s Rob Halford commended Cynic’s Sean Reinert and Paul Masvidal for speaking openly about their sexuality.
We will be back on Monday. Until then, we implore you to go see Snowpiercer instead of Transfuckers: Age of Excretion. Snowpiercer has awesome action scenes, top notch acting, incredibly sharp wit, and lots of philosophy and political ideology on which to chew. Transfatters has a running time of three fucking hours and Frasier. Support Snowpiercer. It’s better for your brain, and it’s better for us as a culture. Thank you.