In Which We Were Missing
A lot of this week’s top stories were about terrible bands that I didn’t particularly wanna include on the Worst Week Playlist. So, instead, I chose the theme of “Independence Day,” sparing us all a lot of pain. Enjoy.
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
Here are this week’s top stories:
- Upon a Burning Body pulled the dumbest publicity stunt ever.
- Drummer Mark Castillo got a cochlear implant, which led to his quitting Emmure. Okay, so only one of those things is really true.
- Some dudes in Idaho got detained by the cops just for saying “Nickelback” aloud.
- Is this “It Should Have Been Lars” t-shirt in bad taste? Of course it is! That doesn’t mean it’s not funny.
- Everyone can breathe easy: Atreyu have reunited.
- Jerry Only is now countersuing Glenn Danzig for control of the Misfits logo.
- Death metal outfit Unfathomable Ruination are participating in a most unusual art installation.
- Vince’s trip to Japan was metal as fuck.
- We got to hear the first new Tool riff in for-ev-ER.
- We spoke to Every Time I Die’s Keith Buckley on The MetalSucks Podcast.
We’re off tomorrow ’cause it’s the fourth of July, which is a big deal here in ‘Murica. We’ll see you Monday, though! Have a good weekend, gang!