Here’s a Preview of Between the Buried and Me’s Upcoming Live BluRay/DVD
Future Sequence: Live at Fidelitorium is something of a funny title for a BTBAM album. Everyone knows that the dudes in BTBAM are all about fiddling around on their instruments… and, miraculously, The Fidelitorium is a real place. What a coincidence! Mercifully, Fidel Castro had nothing to do with the making of this set. Marvelous!
But this release is not like any ordinary live album. It’s a special snowflake for the following reasons:
- It’s not a proper live show in a venue, but a pro-shot performance in a recording studio
- The band performs their 2012 album The Parallax II: Future Sequence in full, from start to finish
- It’s the band’s (and Metal Blade Records’) first ever BluRay release
- The film was directed and edited by Justin Reich (of Vanisher / Zero System fame, and maker of many music videos for cool bands), with director of photography Ismail Abdelkhalek, and audio engineers Kris Hilbert and longtime BTBAM collaborator Jamie King, who mixed and mastered the effort, too.
- Tons of guest musicians appear: Walter Fancourt (tenor saxophone, flute), Julian Hinshaw (Tuba), Will Goodyear (marimba, glockenspiel), Taya Ricker (violin), David Parks (violin), Leigh Dixon (viola), and Socrates Razo (cello).
I’m totally into it, especially after watching the two-minute video clip included with the press release announcing the set. Watch:
Future Sequence: Live at Fidelitorium comes out on September 30th and can be pre-ordered here.