Guns N’ Roses Were the Second-Highest Paid Musicians of 2016, Ahead of Metallica, AC/DC, and Black Sabbath
Billboard has revealed the “Top 50 Money Makers of 2016,” and Guns N’ Roses came in at #2 (behind Beyoncé, if you’re wondering), having raked in $42.3 million from sales, streaming, publishing, and, mostly, touring ($40 million). This is kind of surprising given that Guns N’ Roses basically broke up for twenty years and only released a small handful of albums in the first place, but it’s less surprising given that the band is now the twelfth largest economy in the world.
Some other metal bands of note that made it onto the list:
- Metallica came in at #15 with $18.5 million
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra came in at #19 with $16.01 million
- AC/DC came in at #21 with $15 million… so, yes, Axl Rose fronted two of the fifty highest-grossing bands of 2016.
- Black Sabbath came in at #29 with $12.4 million… I can’t believe Trans-Siberian Orchestra beat them by ten slots. Wow.
- Def Leppard came in at #38 with a measly $10.81 million.
In conclusion, all of the members of these bands sleep with people who are more attractive than the people with whom you sleep. They probably drive nicer cars, too.
Check out the entire list here.
[via The PRP]