Nine Things That Occured to Me While Watching Mastodon’s New Video for “Steambreather”
Mastodon have a new video for the Emperor of Sand album track “Steambreather.” It’s quite the affair!
Here are a few things that occurred to me while watching:
- It’s odd timing for Mastodon to be releasing a new, scripted music video, whatwith a new EP right around the corner.
- Hots dog. The plural of hot dog is hots dog.
- Mastodon actually made an entire music video about “deep nasal enlightenment.”
- I would have loved to have been in the room when the director pitched the band on this concept. “Guys, I’ve got this idea, ya see…”
- I wonder what “deep nasal enlightenment” is an allegory for?
- This video takes a SUPER trippy turn in its back half, although I should’ve seen that coming b/c Mastodon
- These animations for fucking sick
- I keep expecting the members of the band to appear in the video as actors as they have in past clips, but they never do
- Mastodon forever \m/