THIS WEEK’S SOUNDSCAN CHARTS REVEALED
Atreyu’s major label debut Lead Sails Paper Anchor had an impressive debut to land at #8 this week, and the Scropions newest effort also landed in the Top 100. Killswitch Engage’s As Daylight Dies got a nice sales bump back into the Top 200 due to the release of a special edition, while Sixx A.M.’s (Nikki Sixx) The Heroin Diaries slipped way down the charts, likely signaling the end for that amazing record after only its second week on the charts. Chart positions, sales figures, and our snarky commentary after the jump.
#8: Atreyu, Lead Sails Paper Anchor
This Week: 42,648 (debut)
Pretty good debut, about the same as As I Lay Dying’s debut last week, now #39, below, though I’m sure the folks at Hollywood Records are quite disappointed. I expect this will follow the same path but could gain momentum depending on how the label handles the release of a new single.
#10: Nickelback, All The Right Reasons
This Week: 39,361
#11: Linkin Park, Minutes to Midnight
This Week: 30,068
Get used to seeing these up near the top, folks. They ain’t goin’ nowhere.
#39: As I Lay Dying, An Ocean Between Us
This Week: 17,360
Can I get an “Oy vey” for these Christian metalcorers?
#40: Korn, Untitled
This Week: 16,619
#63: Scorpions, Humanity Hour 1
This Week: 10,456 (debut)
Another triumph for German metal!
#68: Flyleaf, Flyleaf
This Week: 9,913
#71: Finger Eleven, Them Vs. You Vs. Me
This Week: 9,407
#74: Three Days Grace, One-X
This Week: 9,170
#84: Smashing Pumpkins, Zeitgeist
This Week: 8,144
Down 18 spots and 21% from last week.
#87: Hinder, Extreme Behavior
This Week: 7,800
Hangin’ on by a thread:
- #104: Velvet Revolver, Libertad (Cume: 215,197)
- #109: Ozzy Osbourne, Black Rain (Cume: 372,150)
- #118: Buckcherry, 15 (Cume: 823,753)
- #122: Killswitch Engage, As Daylight Dies (Cume: 280,451)
- #125: Papa Roach, Paramour Sessions (Cume: 340,517)
- #129: Hellyeah, Hellyeah (Cume: 175,107)
- #131: Sixx A.M., The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack (Cume: 16,152)
- #138: Halloween, Soundtrack (Cume: 13,515)
- #139: Incubus, Light Grenades (Cume: 665,383)
- #142: Breaking Benjamin, Phobia (Cume: 733,806)
- #166: 12 Stones, Anthem for the Underdog (Cume: 23,550)
- #179: Drowning Pool, Full Circle (Cume: 25,684)
- #181: Marilyn Manson, Eat me, Drink Me (Cume: 211,168)
- #193: 30 Seconds to Mars, Beautiful Lie (Cume: 1,064,033)