IN WHICH WE WENT CRAZY FROM THE HEAT [AND NUTS]
Things were a tad slow at the MetalSucks Mansion this week, whatwith a lot of the U.S. still on holiday — but between bong rips and acid trips we somehow still found time to post about some events that went on this week:
- David Lee Roth got pulled over for speeding as he was trying to rush to the hospital for an alleged allergic reaction to nuts; or did he?
- Thousands of dental hygienically challenged guys with mullets are running around Oklahoma wearing Ratt and Ozzy concert shirts from a quarter century ago are at the 2nd annual Rocklahoma festival.
- At the Gates returned to the U.S.
- Act like a Viking, win some cool Amon Amarth stuff!
- Tweeny pop band Gym Class Heroes covered Lamb of God, igniting almost as much controversy as Fall Out Boy covering Pantera.
- Opeth and Amon Amarth announced two amazing U.S. tour lineups.
- All Shall Perish released two new songs from their forthcoming album.
- Ozzy Osbourne decided to toss that last remaining shred of credibility out the window by announcing plans to launch a variety TV show.