IN WHICH WE HELD DOWN THE FORT
Vince, Kip, and Anton OyVey are all down at SXSW, but don’t worry about lil’ old me; Higgins and I got shit covered. Here’s what happened in the world of metal this week:
- We all finally got to hear the new Mastodon album! Needless to say, intense debate ensued.
- We spoke to Wolves in the Throne Room drummer Aaron Weaver and Lazarus A.D. bassist/vocalist Jeff Paulick.
- No penis? No Dir En Grey!
- Is this new Teagan and Sara shirt metal as fuck, or total hipster bull pucky?
- The Megatallica rivalry continued as we watched Dave Mustaine kill on Jeopardy and Lars Ulrich eat it on Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
- Fieldy = Jesus
- Read Vince’s initial SXSW reports here and here!
Alright-y, then. Higgins and I are off to make like chimneys and blow smoke. See ya Monday!