IN WHICH WE WERE F*CKING HOSTILE
As we mentioned earlier today, next Thursday we’ll run the MS staffs’ various year end lists. Of course, that means that the MS staff has to start turning them in now. And as we’ve begun the editing process, we’ve been reassured of what we already knew: opinions are like assholes. Everybody’s got one. But what’s more fun than smoking weed, listening to good music, and engaging in intellectual (or semi-intellectual) debate with good friends? For our money, nothing. That’s why we started MetalSucks in the first place!
Here were some sources of intellectual debate this week:
- We looked at a series of dreadful demos, the last of which was epic (and not dreadful at all).
- We spoke with Eric Peterson of Testament and Robb Flynn of Machine Head.
- Devin Townsend got deep.
- Marduk’s Mortuus body-slammed a would-be hugging fan.
- Mastodon are officially on the radar of mainstream publications like Time.
- We mourned the loss of Dimebag Darrell 5 years ago this week.
- We proclaimed Hate Eternal and System of a Down underappreciated.
Now we challenge you to start guessing which albums which MS writers will name as their favorites. Anyone who guesses correctly wins the knowledge that they probably read this site way too much when they should be working, or fucking, or doing almost anything else.
And then on Thursday we’ll unveil all the lists.
-Vince & Axl