SCOTT IAN IS WRITING ANOTHER COMIC BOOK
I didn’t read any of the Lobo comics Scott Ian wrote last year, so I can’t speak to his talents as a comic book writer. I’ve also never read The Demon, the Jack Kirby-created DC series about — you guessed it! — a demon from hell named Etrigan who apparently spends a significant amount of time speaking in rhyme. (Hey, that rhymed! Maybe I’m a demon!) So I have no idea whether or not the news that Scott Ian will now be writing The Demon is good or bad for comic fans, or Scott Ian fans, or fans of yellow monster men in little red tights.
But it sure seems like a good fit for Ian, for the following reasons:
- Both Ian and Etrigan are follicularly challenged, and we all know, only baldies can accurately portray the plight of other baldies.
- Etrigan is a demon from Hell. According to Dan Nelson, so is Ian. (He’s actually from Queens, but close enough, right?)
- Demons are obviously a very metal-appropriate topic.
- Like I said, Etrigan speaks in rhyme. Ian has written many rhyming lyrics over the years, so we know he’ll have no trouble with Etrigan’s dialogue.
- Like Ian, Etrigan has been through seventy-four and a half lead singers in the past twelve months.
So I don’t see any reason this shouldn’t work out for Scott Ian fans and Demon fans alike. Plus, whatever keeps Ian from finally putting out a new fucking Anthrax album, right?
And I’d just like to conclude by saying fuck me naked with a spoon: