UPON A BURNING BODY = PARTY SUMERIANCORE!
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but the metalcore/deathcore scene is going through something of a Latino takeover — I call it the PIERCETHEVEILCORE MOVEMENT. These days, the scene is all about Mexican kids in skinny jeans, Asking Alexandria shirts and flatironed hair, and although the Minutemen might not be too happy about that, I think it’s pretty cool if it means more bands like UPON A BURNING BODY.
I’m not the world’s biggest Sumeriancore fan, so I kinda slept on these guys — big mistake on my part! Turns out they are not only a sick deathcore band that’s definitely a cut above the rest, but they have one of the sweetest videos I’ve seen since Xibalba’s “Cold”. Here’s what you can expect to hear and see from Upon A Burning Body:
- Nu-metal style “Bounce” shoutout at :43
- Latin dudes cooking hot dogs on the grill
- Drinking cheap vodka (from the plastic bottle with the handle)
- Dogs in sunglasses
- A ton of kids moshing their balls off and having a good time
- One of the best gang-vocal breakdowns ever (“Chug! Chug! Chug!”)
Now that’s what I call a fucking video– you’re moshing AND you’re partying! Thanks to sunshineandchaos for the tip!
Sergeant D. champions the PIERCETHEVEILCORE MOVEMENT every day at Stuff You Will Hate.