IN WHICH WE RUINED IT FOR EVERYBODY
“Macho Man” Randy Savage has perished. My father and I were actually at his first wedding, which is to say, we were at Summer Slam ’91. Vince and I are so bummed right now… I don’t think I can even go outside. I need to curl up with YouTube and remember a time when the “Macho Man” really did seem invincible.
We’ll never forget you, Mr. Savage.
Maybe this will cheer you up?
- We lied and said that Iwrestledabearonce were becoming a black metal band. Then, depending on your perspective, we either made it better or made it worse by debuting a new track from the band.
- We also debuted a stretched-out version of Hammerfall’s “Hearts on Fire.”
- Our list of the The Top 25 Modern Metal Guitarists continued.
- We spoke to Max Cavalera from Cavalera Conspiracy and Soulfly, Dean Herrera and Henry Selva from The Human Abstract, and the dudes from Noisear.
- We enjoyed a series of exclusive tour blogs from both The Austerity Program’s Justin Foley and Woods of Ypres’ Shane Madden.
- We gushed over Anaal Nathrakh’s Passion.
- We wondered why elitists find some deathcore bands acceptable and others unacceptable.
- We declared metal the winner in the war on grunge.
- We expressed our enthusiasm for Victory Records’ latest sign, Design the Skyline.
- We gave you a detailed analysis of the lyrics for the new Limp Bizkit single.
- We declared drinking to be for pussies.
Next week crack the top ten of our ongoing guitarists list, and, at least to the best of my knowledge, do not aid any bands in playing a prank on the public. And hopefully no one else we liked better than Fred Durst dies.