IN WHICH WE WERE A FESTIVAL OF SUCK
Reading the comments under our announcement of The Metal Suckfest has been a lot of fun — mostly because the predictions regarding which other bands will be on the bill have been so very, very wrong. Hopefully we’ll get to announce a few more bands next week, but in the meantime, you cats need to try harder and be a little more imaginative when speculating.
And while you do that, here’s how we kept ourselves amused this week:
- We debuted new music by Today is the Day, Monstro, and, thanks to our friends at Decibel, Skeletonwitch.
- We also debuted a new video by Venia.
- Intronaut’s Sacha Dunable and Borknagar’s Jens Ryland both weighed in on the Century Media/Spotify drama.
- We spoke to Chimaira’s Mark Hunter, Dead Letter Circus’ Kim Benzie, Trapped Under Ice’s Justice Tripp, and three of the dudes from Fleshgod Apocalypse.
- We checked out the latest release from Wizard Smoke.
- We examined the evolution of deathcore.
- We felt bad for the sixteen year old who just got fired from Design the Skyline.
- We got excited about the Black Sabbath reunion, until we found out that it’s not confirmed yet.
- We carefully examined the first promo photo of Metallica with Lou Reed.
- We continued to count down 31 Days of Faith No More.
Until next week… eat your vegetables, stay in school, don’t drink and drive.