WEDNESDAY MORNING NEWS ROUND-UP
If yesterday was the day for 2012 new album updates, today is the day for dudes quitting bands. Which always sucks. Nevertheless, here’s what’s been happening over the past 24 hours or so:
- We’re still selling MetalSucks t-shirts for only $10 and hoodies for just $20 through the holidays — order now to get them in time! We’ll be retiring these designs forever once they’re gone.
- Did drummer Ryan Parrish leave Darkest Hour? In yesterday morning’s news round-upwe reported on news we received via press release that ex-DH guitarist Kris Norris had teamed up with ex-Annihilator touring bassist Dave Sheldon (on vocals) for a new project called A Cancerous Affair. That press release made no mention of a drummer. But then this morning we received a tip from MS reader Huthaifa Al-Rawi linking us to this Blabbermouth article citing the same quotes and press release text as what we got except for this: “and ex-Darkest Hour drummer Ryan Parrish.” Zuh? If Parrish is indeed out of Darkest Hour and that article’s writer didn’t just make a mistake I’m sure we’ll be hearing confirmation shortly. Also, that would really suck; Parrish is a great drummer and an awesome dude.
- Cannabis Corpse have parted ways with vocalist Andy Horn (aka Weedgrinder) and guitarist Nick Poulos (aka Nikropolis) but will continue on with a new lineup, according to Phil “Landphil” Hall.
- Spin Magazine has decided to get into the “Best Metal Albums of 2011” game by publishing their Top 20. Kudos for including great lesser-known bands like Hull and Batillus — and really, most of the list is pretty solid — but someone please smack whoever compiled this list for naming Liturgy’s album #1 and for including Korn at all. Lulz.
- The Vegan Black Metal Chef is movin’ up in the world; check out his newest instructional video for Yule Log Cake above, via Chow.com.
- The Safety Fire have a new music video for “Huge Hammers.” The song will appear on the band’s new album Grind the Ocean, out February 27, 2012 via Inside Out Music.