IN WHICH WE TAUGHT YOU HOW TO SPELL “YAH-MUH-KUH”
Yo! Have you guys signed up for our new e-mail list yet? If not, you can, and should, do so above. You’ll get occasional updates from the MS Mansion with breaking stories, special features, exclusive premieres, etc., delivered right to your inbox. Don’t worry, we won’t spam you — expect a newsletter-type of situation with updates once a week at most. And don’t forget to friend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-the-minute on all the latest suckage.
And so, with that shameless plug out of the way, let’s review all the fun we had this week, shall we?
- We continued our countdown of The Top 25 Modern Metal Drummers.
- We debuted new music by Unsane.
- Jeff Loomis gave us a tour of his live rig, Becoming the Archetype’s Seth Hecox kept us up-to-date on spring training, and God Forbid’s Doc Coyle told us about the aftermath of the NBA trade deadline.
- Vince recapped the highlights from this year’s SXSW.
- We considered purchasing Big Four yarmulkes for passover.
- We celebrated the thirtieth anniversary of the release of Iron Maiden’s The Number of the Beast, and mourned the thirtieth anniversary of the death of Randy Rhoads.
- We were really impressed by this dude’s one-take piano cover of the entirety of Mastodon’s Leviathan.
- We wondered if Opeth deliberately wrote a score to Salvador Dali’s short Disney film, Destino.
- We got really excited about the first new Faceless song in four years.
- We learned about “copyright math.”
Next week we get through the final five on our drummer list!!!! WHO WILL BE #1?!?! Step right up, place yer bets!