Converse Rubber Tracks x MetalSucks: Apply for a Day of Free Recording at the Converse Rubber Tracks Studio in Brooklyn!
We all know that Converse makes awesome sneakers (no exaggeration, our own Axl Rosenberg hasn’t worn any other brand since roughly 2004), but did you know that they also have a recording studio in Brooklyn… which they allow bands to use 100% FREE of charge? It’s true! Converse Rubber Tracks is a state of the art recording studio, complete with its own qualified sound engineers and too much equipment to even list here, that can be used by musicians of any genre to record their own music for FREE, the rights to which they completely retain. It sounds too good to be true… and yet, it’s a really real thing!
Now MetalSucks is proudly teaming up with Converse Rubber Tracks to give your band the opportunity to record in the studio for a day absolutely free charge — and be featured right here on MetalSucks! Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Apply here. Make sure you click the checkbox that denotes you’re signing up specifically for the Rubber Tracks x MetalSucks promotion. Please note that your band must be available to record between August 12 and August 16, 2013, and must be able to get yourselves to the Converse Rubber Tracks studio in Brooklyn. (C’mon — we’re already giving you free use of a studio for a day, you don’t expect us to pay for your travel and housing too, do ya?)
- MetalSucks co-heads Vince Neilstein and Axl Rosenberg will select their five favorite bands, each of whom will be awarded one day of recording in the Converse Rubber Tracks studio, absolutely free of charge. Each band will be assigned a day between August 12 and August 16 to enter the studio.
- Vince and Axl will be in the studio with you to hang out, provide feedback, rub your shoulders, whatever.
- Additionally, our friends from Metal Injection will also be in the studio with you, filming you for a very special behind-the-scenes video documenting the week’s activities.
- Both the song you record at Converse Rubber Tracks and the aforementioned behind-the-scenes videos will debut right here on MetalSucks, exposing your music to literally thousands of potential new fans!
And that’s it! The deadline to apply is midnight EDT on Sunday, June 16th, 2013; selected bands will be notified/announced by the week of June 24th, 2013. So what are you waiting for? Go here to apply!
Good luck — we’re stoked to see you in August!!!