In Which We Were Under the Covers
WORST WEEK EVER PLAYLIST, SEPTEMBER 9 – SEPTEMBER 13, 2013
In honor of all the discussion of covers this week, the latest Worst Week Playlist consists of no original songs whatsoever. Enjoy!
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
Now, this week’s top stories:
- We premiered new music from Ulcerate and SpiralArms.
- Machine Head’s Robb Flynn called Avenged Sevenfold’s Hail to the King “a covers album.” A7X vocalist M. Shadows took it in stride, and we lept to the band’s defense.
- We signed the petition to have Gwar perform at the 2015 Super Bowl.
- Necrophogist drummer Romain Goulon says that “there will be a new album”… at some point.
- We listened to the best Rage Against the Machine cover that you will ever hear.
- We learned that Nergal has shed blood for the cover art for the new Behemoth album — literally.
- We watched old videos of sixteen-year-old Mike Patton and sixteen-year-old Trevor Dunn covering metal classics by Maiden, Priest, and more.
- We also watched the first episode of Papaganda, the new “documentary” series about Ghost.
- Speaking of Ghost: Sevendust is the latest band to lose a game of foosball to the mysterious ghouls, and must now open for Asking Alexandria as penance.
- Sergeant D. taught us the formula for good music.
We hope you have a fun and relaxing weekend. See ya Monday, friends!!!