Neilstein Soundscam: Fit For a Solid Debut
Not a whole lot of new releases came out last week so there wasn’t much movement on the charts this week (save Fit For an Autopsy), but next week should see a ton of action with a lot of big records on the way.
More detailed sales numbers are available at Metal Insider.
1. ↑ Nine Inch Nails / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 2 / Weeks On: 2
Albums sold last week: 22,975 (Hesitation Marks, week two)
Facebook Fan Engagement: 0.7% Fan Activity (3,036,107 likes · 21,427 talking about this)
YouTube: 2.70 million (“Came Back Haunted” official video
It’s a toss-up between NIN and A7X, but Trent feels a little more buzzed about right now.
2. ↓ Avenged Sevenfold / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 1 / Weeks On: 8
Albums sold last week: 22,900 (Hail to the King, week three)
Facebook Fan Engagement: 0.8% Fan Activity (14,718,227 likes · 117,155 talking about this)
YouTube: 4.68 million (“Hail to the King” official premiere)
Facebook fan engagement percentage is very low (down from 2.2% last week) but otherwise these numbers are remaining solid.
3. ↔ Carcass / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 3 / Weeks On: 4
Next week we’ll finally get the much-awaited first week number. Will it be strong despite the early leak?
4. ↑ Fit For an Autopsy / Peak: 4 / Last Week: 6 / Weeks On: 3
Yeah that FB fan engagement percentage is absolutely ridiculous!
5. ↓ Gorguts / Peak: 4 / Last Week: 4 / Weeks On: 3
A drop of less than 50% in week two — that’s good these days! Another band with a double-digit Facebook fan engagement percentage: solid.
6. ↓ Ulcerate / Peak: 4 / Last Week: 5 / Weeks On: 3
Finally building up that Facebook number. Stream the entire new album here.
7. ↑ Gwar / Peak: 7 / Last Week: 10 / Weeks On: 2
Killin it. Somehow this band always manages to stay relevant.
8. ↑ Cult of Luna / Peak: 8 / Last Week: 9 / Weeks On: 2
You’re welcome, Cult of Luna, for that bump in Facebook fan engagement percentage.
9. Protest the Hero / Peak: 9 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
Yeah you’re gonna be hearing about this album here a lot for the next month plus. New video for first single “Clarity” is awesome!
10. Dream Theater / Peak: 10 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
The new album comes out next week — how will it sell? I’d bet right in that 20-40k comfort zone Dream Theater always seem to be in, like clockwork. Stream the record in full here.