In Which We Celebrated the Best of 2013
Worst Week Play List, Week of December 2 – December 6, 2013
This week’s playlist contains over FORTY HOURS of music, culled from the staff’s year-end lists. I started putting it alphabetical order so as not to show preferential treatment, but then I got bored and stopped. I suggest you just put it on “shuffle” and let the good times roll.
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
And now, this week’s top stories:
- Both the staff of MetalSucks and a whole lotta cool musicians unveiled our lists of the best (mostly) metal albums of 2013.
- We debuted new music from Exhumed, Batillus, and Artificial Brain.
- We pondered the controversy surrounding Mastodon’s recent Thanksgiving-themed t-shirt.
- We wondered: Why are metal fans hopelessly stuck in the past?
- We watched Ron Burgundy impersonate Jamey Jasta from Hatebreed.
- We enjoyed a delicious meal of Fleshgod Apastalypse.
- We learned that we’re getting closer to a new Slipknot album.
- We were
sad happycompletely indifferent about the news that the Black Label Society guitarist who isn’t Zakk Wylde has left the band.
- We were stirred by Lamb of God vocalist Randy Blythe’s tribute to Nelson Mandela.
- We were surprised to hear that Mark Lewis, and not Hate Eternal’s Erik Rutan, will produce the new Cannibal Corpse album.
Alrighty, then! A week from tomorrow, we shutter the MetalSucks Mansion for the remainder of 2013. But we’re gonna send out the year by having a major blast next week! See ya then.