In Which We Had Googly Eyes
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
And now, this week’s top stories:
- At the Gates officially announced their reunion album, At War with Reality.
- Jeff Hanneman would have turned fifty today… so, of course, The Grammy forgot to include him in their “In Memorium” montage.
- Speaking of The Grammys: Black Sabbath won and Metallica performed “One” (with Chinese pianist Lang Lang).
- Speaking of Metallica: we enjoyed Shinedown’s acoustic cover of “Nothing Else Matters.”
- Randy Blythe announced that “I Will Not be Thinking About Lamb of God for a Good Long While”
- Slipknot’s Sid Wilson remixed Lorde.
- Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine claims that his political views have been “misinterpreted.”
- We giggled at metal album covers with googly eyes.
- We checked out the 33 most metal photobombs of all time.
- We were stoked on the debut of not one, not two, but THREE new Obituary songs.
- We were saddened to learn of a man who died as a consequence of a stage dive gone awry.
Have a good weekend, gang. We’ll see ya Monday.