In Which We Went from Being Cool to Uncool to Cool Again
WORST WEEK EVER PLAYLIST, May 5 – May 9, 2014
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
Here are this week’s top stories:
- We debuted new music from Killer Be Killed and Son of Aurelius, plus a new music video by The Modern Age Slavery.
- We counted down The Ten Most Embarrassing Attempts by a Formerly Cool Metal Band to be Hip Again and The Ten Most Surprising Instances of a Previously Uncool Metal Band Suddenly Becoming Cool.
- Cynic’s Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert opened up about their sexuality.
- It took about twenty years, but Winger have buried the hatchet with Beavis and Butt-head.
- Trivium parted ways with drummer Nick Augusto, leading to a whole lotta drama.
- Scientists have discovered the heaviest metal ever!!!
- Falling in Reverse and Coolio made a video for the former’s cover of the latter’s “Gangsta’s Paradise,” and it’s just as awful as you’d think.
- Axl Rose’s former assistant announced he was releasing a tell-all book… and then my former assistant followed suit.
- We learned that Tommy Lee is going to play drums on the new Smashing Pumpkins album.
- We’re still having nightmares about exercise guru Richard Simmons in corpse paint.
Have a great weekend, gang! See ya Monday.
Sponsored Links from Across the Internet