Lady Gaga Loves Iron Maiden, Does Not Have Wi-Fi
When your up at 5 am because you wanna make sure you don't forget to download @IronMaiden new album The Book of Souls. MUSIC FANDOM IS ALIVE
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) September 7, 2015
And hey, look, I think it’s great that a mainstream pop artist went out of her way to endorse one of the best metal bands of all time; if Lady Gaga creates even just one new Maiden fan, I can forgive her for having to hear “Poker Face” a billion times while at line at the drug store.
That being said, her tweet did lead me to wonder…
- If downloading Book of Souls was really so important to Lady Gaga, why did she download it on it September 7 when it came out on September 4?
- Why did Lady Gaga have to wait to hear Book of Souls until September 4 anyway? Isn’t she, y’know, fairly successful in the music business? Are you seriously telling me that I was able to get an advanced promo of Book of Souls and Lady Gaga wasn’t?
- If Lady Gaga downloaded the album at 5 am, why did she not send this tweet out ’til two-and-a-half hours later?
- Does Lady Gaga not have Spotify? Book of Souls was available on the streaming service (and others to which I do not subscribe, I’d wager) as soon as it was released.
- Does Lady Gaga not have wi-fi? Why did this action have to be completed at 5 am?
- Lady Gaga wasn’t on tour this weekend, so assuming she does have wi-fi, why would she not have access to that wi-fi later in the day?
ANYWAY. Just, y’know, ponderin’ out loud. Still glad to have The Gags on our side.
[via Metal Injection]