Mourning Chris Cornell, a New Lawsuit Against Iron Maiden, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
Worst Week Ever Playlist — Week of May 15 – May 19, 2017
- Iconic Soundgarden vocalist Chris Cornell is dead at age 52, apparently from suicide — although his family disputes those claims.
- As the result of a legal dispute, Iron Maiden have been forced to drop one of their most popular songs, “Hallowed Be Thy Name,” from their setlist.
- Shining frontman Niklas Kvarforth has been accused of drugging drinks, groping women, threatening violence, and sundry other acts of shitbaggery.
- Seether may have ripped-off Tool.
- These are Spin’s “30 Best Nu-Metal Songs.”
- Slayer’s Kerry King says he misses the late Jeff Hanneman personally more than he does professionally.
- Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine once got Opeth’s Mikael Åkerfeldt totally baked.
- If Slipknot tuned up or down, they’d sound like this.
- M. Shadows admitted that putting out Avenged Sevenfold’s The Stage as a surprise release may not have been the best idea.
- Mushroomhead’s tour bus crashed, but luckily no one was hurt.