Vinnie Paul, Maynard James Keenan, and All the Other Depressing Stories You May Have Missed This Week
Worst Week Ever Playlist — Week of June 25 – June 29, 2018
- Legendary Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul passed away at age 54, in his sleep, possibly from a heart attack, possibly not. Read tributes from members of Pantera, Hellyeah, various other notable metal bands, and our own Vince Neilstein. Then go here to learn which album Vinnie once said he wanted played at his funeral.
- Maynard James Keenan (Tool, A Perfect Circle) has been accused of rape.
- Jake Raymond became the third former vocalist for Vital Remains to die in the past eleven months.
- Thomas Gabriel Fischer’s arm was broken in a random assault.
- Stone Temple Pilots’ Dean DeLeo has been accused of assaulting his wife.
- Iron Maiden are being sued over lyric writing credits (again).
- Dave Mustaine says the new Megadeth album is gonna be the bestest thing ever.
- Speaking of Megadeth, they also jammed with the dude who played Hodor on Game of Thrones.
- Slayer announced their first show of 2019.
- This sign language interpreter translating Lamb of God is the only good thing we saw this week.