Toontrack Releases New EZmix Pack for Metal Guitar
Toontrack has announced the release of the Modern Metal Guitars EZmix Pack pack, a collection of signal chain presets for modern metal guitar and bass tones. This marks the forty-ninth title in Toontrack’s ever-growing collection of EZmix pack expansions for EZmix 2.
Based on the touchstone amps of the past decades and inspired by the hallmarks of today, Modern Metal Guitars EZmix Pack paints an incredibly broad scope of tones, encompassing all the moods, styles and applications you can imagine encountering in a modern metal production. It has all the tones for your pummeling rhythms – the sharp, the gritty, the tube-fuming and the high-gained. For your leads, it rounds up all the warm and vibrant, the brittle and sharp, the complex and saturated. And for your cleans, it covers all the textured and ambient, the odd and low-key and the shimmering and soaring. And, ultimately, a collection like this wouldn’t be complete without the addition of some carefully crafted bass tones.
• 50 mix-ready settings for EZmix 2 inspired by notable modern metal productions
• Custom guitar tones based on amp modeling
• Mix-ready signal chains for rhythm, lead and clean
• A selection of tones for bass guitar
You can find the product, audio demos, video and more at Toontrack’s official website.
As part of their annual Metal Month this November, Toontrack continues to release a plethora of products specifically tailored for metal recording engineers and enthusiasts. Products released this November so far include:
• The Drums of Destruction EZX, an EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 3 expansion pack that features sound samples captured by Lamb of God drummer Chris Adler and producer Josh Wilbur.
• The Bob Rock EZmix 2 expansion pack, featuring 50 custom settings by the man who produced Metallica’s “Black Album” and records by Survivor, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, and many, many more.
• The Hardcore MIDI Pack, a collection of drum MIDI grooves performed by Hatebreed drummer Matt Byrne.
Stay up to date on all things Metal Month right here.