Animals as Leaders’ Tosin Abasi is Selling 100 Guitars, Pedals, Amps and More
Over the past decade, Animals as Leaders mastermind Tosin Abasi has become one of the most respected players in metal… nay, in all of music! Now the iconic guitarist has partnered up with Reverb to sell off gear used on albums and tours throughout his career, more than 100 items in total including guitars, pedals, amps and more. The store is live right now.
“With the development of my own brand and changes in my taste, a lot of these guitars aren’t getting the playing time they deserve,” said Abasi. “All of these pieces have served me well and I hope they bring inspiration to the new homes they find.”
Among the items that will be available in Abasi’s Reverb Shop is an Ibanez TAM100 8-String Guitar that Abasi used extensively to write and record Animals As Leaders’ 2014 album The Joy of Motion as well as on tour to support the same album. “This was one of my main touring and recording guitars,” Abasi said. “It just has a ton of mojo.”
Other items that will be featured in The Official Tosin Abasi Reverb Shop include:
- A Fractal AxeFX II XL that was Abasi’s main rig when he was writing, recording, and touring in support of The Joy of Motion. “It contains the exact album and stage tones I used as well as some personal patches,” he said.
- An Ibanez Custom Shop Prestige 8-String Guitar that was a build Abasi commissioned from the Ibanez LA Custom Shop nearly 10 years ago. “I wanted to recreate an almost classic look. It has really focused note quality and looks badass as well,” Abasi said. “This guitar actually became the template for my signature guitar that came shortly afterward.”
- A Mayones Custom Regius 8-String Guitar Abasi had built to replace a stolen guitar. “[Mayones owner] Dawid [Dziewulski] and the guys at Mayones have always been great to me,” Abasi said. “The quality of the buckeye burl is fantastic. The red Bare Knuckle pickups in this are a great touch and sound fantastic. It even has a removable ramp for fingerstyle players. This is about as custom as it gets.”
- A Fractal Audio AX8 Amp Modeler & Effect Processor that includes Abasi’s personal presets for stage and more. “This unit was used for international touring and clinics for The Joy of Motion and The Madness of Many tour cycles as well as with Generation Axe with Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Zakk Wylde, Nuno Bettencourt, and more.”
- A Strandberg Boden 8-String Guitar used extensively on Animals As Leaders’ 2016 album The Madness of Many. “The multi-scale wenge neck, flamed-maple top, true-temperament frets, and Lungren pickups makes this one of the best-spec’d Strandbergs around,” said Abasi.
The Official Tosin Abasi Reverb Shop launched at 11am EST today, February 26! Head on over right now to pick up some of Tosin’s gear before it gets snatched up by others.