Nigerian Wedding Moshes to System of a Down, Comparing the Big Four’s Album Sales, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of June 20 – June 26, 2020
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- A video of a Nigerian wedding moshing to System of a Down went viral.
- We compared the Big Four’s respective album sales.
- Anthrax’s Charlie Benante says he’s “tired” of not being credited as the creator of the blast beat.
- A Wisconsin county with a rising COVID-19 rate will host a metal festival next month featuring Static-X and Dope.
- The most expensive cassette tapes sold in 2019 include Metallica, Tool, Rammstein and more.
- Learn which four bands dominate 32 of the top 100 metal albums on Apple Music.
- Here are fifteen metal songs about bigotry and the police that aren’t by Rage Against the Machine.
- After Homewrecker frontman Matt Barum and drummer Matt Izzi were both accused of sexual misconduct, the rest of the band quit.
- Metallica fans have voted and declared this to be the band’s best song.
- Vince Neil claims his neighbors are trying to “cover up” the “brutal murder” of his dog.
That’s all for now. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.