Popular Nu-Metal Bands’ Album Sales Ranked, Ex-Manowar Guitarist Faces 25 Years in Prison, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of July 25 – July 31, 2020
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- We compared the album sales of nu-metal’s “Big Four”: Slipknot, Korn, Deftones, and System of a Down.
- Ozzy Osbourne’s lesser-known daughter, Aimee, released a new song.
- System of a Down’s John Dolmayan says the Black Lives Matter movement “couldn’t care less about black people.”
- A former bandmate of convicted sex offender Tripp Eisen detailed more of the former Static-X guitarist’s predatory sexual behavior.
- Korn and YelaWolf premiered a cover of “The Devil Went Down to Georgia.”
- Former Manowar guitarist Karl Logan faces 25 years in prison after pleading guilty to downloading child pornography.
- Acclaimed metal producer Tommy Tritone reminisced about his time working on Metallica’s St. Anger.
- Protesters in Portland have been shouting Rage Against the Machine lyrics at federal agents.
- Did Taylor Swift rip off Ihsahn’s album art?
- Sarah McLachlan passed on working with Fear Factory because they were too heavy.
That’s all for now. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.
Sponsored Links from Across the Internet