Elijah Wood Makes an Anal C*nt Joke, Tom Morello Schools Another Conservative Fan, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of July 25 – July 31, 2020
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood made an Anal Cunt joke about the Trump family.
- Tom Morello schooled another conservative fan who somehow didn’t realize that Rage Against the Machine are liberal.
- Former Korn drummer David Silveria’s new project is less embarrassing than his old one.
- Periphery’s Spencer Sotelo says that “you aren’t going to make any money being in a metal band.”
- In 1999, Daron Malakian pretended to be a regular festival fan in order to promote System of a Down to a magazine.
- Mike Portnoy called Spotify’s CEO “a greedy little bitch.”
- Matt Heafy (Trivium) credits M. Shadows (Avenged Sevenfold) with saving his voice.
- Mega-producer Tommy Tritone looked back on his time working on Chinese Democracy.
- Anthrax’s Scott Ian thinks that bands that use backing tracks should have to say so on their concert tickets.
- Lars Ulrich says this is the song that best represents Metallica.
That’s all for now. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.