Listen: Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin'” but It’s “Dig” by Mudvayne
Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin’” is one of those great songs that I never, ever need to hear again. It’s just been played to death. It actually makes me almost angry when the song comes on now.
Having said that: YouTube’s William Maranci has reimagined the song in a really fun way, laying Steve Perry’s original vocal track over the music from “Dig” by Mudvayne. Maranci drolly describes it “When a wedding happens next to a divorce court.” I call evidence that Greg Tribbett, Ryan Martinie, and Matthew McDonough should move on without Chad Gray if they need to.
Check out the heaviest version of “Don’t Stop Believin’” you’ve ever heard below. Maybe it should be called “Don’t Stop Diggin’”?
Assuming you dig it, here are some other fun mash-ups from Maranci:
- Here’s the Metallica/Kanye/Jay-Z Mash-up of Your Dreams
- Listen: Metallica’s “For Whom the Bell Tolls” But It’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey
- Linkin Park: “Faint” But It’s “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga
- Mash-Up: Rammstein’s “Du Hast” But It’s “My Love” by Justin Timberlake
- Mash-Up: Slipknot’s “Psychosocial” but It’s “Who Let the Dogs Out” by Baha Men
- Mash-Up: Meshuggah’s “Bleed” but It’s “Like a Virgin” by Madonna
- Here’s the Slipknot/ Maroon 5 Mash-Up of Your Nightmares
- This Is the Slipknot/ Eminem Mash-Up of Corey Taylor’s Dreams
- Happy Halloween! Here’s a Mash-Up of “Closer” by Nine Inch Nails and the Ghostbusters Song
- The Lion Korn: The Circle of Leash
- Finally: Metallica’s “For Whom the Bell Tolls” Mashed Up with Kanye West’s “Black Skinhead”
- Here’s a Mashup of Deftones and Britney Spears
- This Is the Tool and Taylor Swift Mash-Up of Your Dreams