Kid Rock Posts Meme Insulting LGBTQ+ Military Personnel on July 4th
Last year, rap-rocker Kid Rock called a fan in Tennessee a homophobic slur midway through a performance. He later defended the comment by saying that he has a lot of gay friends. Now, it appears that Kid Rock decided to celebrate our country’s independence by posting a pro-gun meme that’s an insult to the LGBTQ+ members of our military.
As reported by Consequence of Sound, Kid Rock posted a Kermit the Frog meme to Donald Trump’s social media site Truth Social, with the following message:
“If you’re anti-gun, you don’t get to celebrate the 4th of July. You would have never fought back. Enjoy your pride month. Pussy.”
So, here are a few things to consider here:
- As noted by author Joshua B. How (see below), plenty of people who fought and died in service of America were LGBTQ+. So equating the celebration of Pride Month with being a pussy or not fighting for the freedom of our nation is some straight-up homophobic bullshit, and does these individuals a disgusting disservice.
- As Hoe also points out, Kid Rock ain’t never fought shit. The dude grew up in a nice Michigan suburb, tried to be the next Vanilla Ice, and then latched on to a bunch of southern rock and rap metal themes as they got popular. He should keep his opinion about who gets to celebrate July 4th behind his bleached fuckin’ teeth.
- We doubt the Founding Fathers fought for our country with the express condition that everyone love guns as much as they did. If anything, the Constitution states that the whole point of America is that you can disagree with and protest things going on in your country, or with your government.
- Didn’t Kid Rock just release a song called “Don’t Tell Me How to Live?” And here he is telling people what they can and can’t celebrate.
- Pride Month is June. July 4th happens in July. Learn to read a fucking calendar, moron.
Check out a screenshot of Kid Rock’s post below.