Stranger Things‘ Joseph Quinn (Eddie) and Sadie Sink (Max) Got Snubbed By the Emmys
This year’s latest season of Stranger Things has vaulted the show back to the forefront of the pop culture psyche. At the head of this return to form are two awesome actors playing memorable roles: Sadie Sink as intrepid young hero Max and Joseph Quinn as lovable metalhead Eddie Munson. Both characters have also made a huge impact on the charts by bringing a classic ’80s track back into popularity; with Max, it was Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God),” and with Eddie, it was Metallica’s “Master of Puppets.” But this week, the nominations for this year’s Emmy Awards were announced, and unfortunately both actors were overlooked.
As Deadline reports, Stranger Things as a show did get 11 nominations this year, which are:
- OUTSTANDING PRODUCTION DESIGN FOR A NARRATIVE PERIOD OR FANTASY PROGRAM (ONE HOUR OR MORE)
- OUTSTANDING CASTING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
- OUTSTANDING SINGLE-CAMERA PICTURE EDITING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
- OUTSTANDING PERIOD AND/OR CHARACTER HAIRSTYLING
- OUTSTANDING PERIOD AND/OR CHARACTER MAKEUP (NON-PROSTHETIC) OUTSTANDING PROSTHETIC MAKEUP
- OUTSTANDING MUSIC SUPERVISION
- OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
- OUTSTANDING SOUND EDITING FOR A COMEDY OR DRAMA SERIES (ONE HOUR)
- OUTSTANDING SOUND MIXING FOR A COMEDY OR DRAMA SERIES (ONE HOUR)
- OUTSTANDING SPECIAL VISUAL EFFECTS IN A SEASON OR A MOVIE
- OUTSTANDING STUNT COORDINATION FOR A DRAMA SERIES, LIMITED OR ANTHOLOGY SERIES OR MOVIE OUTSTANDING STUNT PERFORMANCE
However, somehow none of the actors from the fourth season, who since its release have since become iconic pop culture icons, were nominated for their participation. Are we surprised that the people behind the Emmys looked at a piece of awesome sci-fi and thought, Eh, visually stunning, but does playing a teenager running from a monster really count as acting? We’re not, but still, a bummer.
Check out Eddie Munson’s massive performance of “Master of Puppets” below and curse the Emmys with his dying breath.