Everyone's Replaceable

ONE OF THE VERSIONS OF L.A. GUNS LOST A SINGER

60

If my math is correct, the only band to ever go through more line-up changes than Guns N’ Roses is L.A. Guns. And since sometime around ’04/’05, there have been two versions of L.A. Guns in the world, neither of which seems to have a very stable line-up… although I guess, in all fairness, the version with vocalist Phil Lewis and drummer Steve Riley has the better track record, since they just keep losing bass players, and have managed to hold onto guitarist Stacey Blades (yes, the replaces a dude calling himself “Guns” with a dude calling himself “Blades”) for some time now, whereas the version with Tracii Guns himself goes through singers, drummers, and rhythm guitarists the way a thirteen year old boy goes through tissues.

But that doesn’t change the fact that, according to the most recent U.S. Census, if you are a musician living in the greater Los Angeles area, there is a 95% chance that you have been a member of a band calling itself L.A. Guns at some point in the past ten years. And if you’re somehow part of the 5% that hasn’t been in one of the bands, well, now here’s your chance, ’cause according to a posting on his message board, Jizzy Pearl has now split with Tracii Guns’ L.A. Guns:

“After an amazing two years in L.A. Guns I have decided to move on. This decision was not based on anger or animosity– I have nothing but respect for Tracii and the guys.  They can and will carry on better than ever. I wish all good luck and good music in the future.”

That a bummer ’cause Jizzy is a good front man. I also don’t believe that the split was as amicable as Pearl says it was, ’cause, let’s be real here, it’s not like the dude whose stage name is a euphemism for cum is swimming in job offers.

Of course, what really needs to happen is for Tracii, Phil, and whatever other musicians can put up with them to just suck it up and make nice for the sake of the fans making more money. Either that, or just kill themselves, because there’s only like three people in the world who even care anymore. For example, that’s not even a picture of one version of L.A. Guns at the top of this article, but I bet if I hadn’t just told you that you’d never even have known the difference.

-AR

[via Bring Back Glam!]

 

AlertMe

Comments
Metal Sucks Greatest Hits