IN WHICH WE WERE BANNED FROM MOSHING
One of our readers, Dan Toth, has started a Facebook page to help keep moshing legal in Boston. I don’t know what, if anything, a Facebook page can do about the situation, but I do know that Dan is looking to organize. So “like” his Facebook page, and if you have any ideas for ways to protest/make the Pro-Pit voice be heard, hit ‘im up!
Meanwhile, here’s ways we entertained ourselves this week, in a potentially moshless world:
- We continued to count down The Top 25 Modern Metal Drummers.
- We debuted new music by If These Trees Could Talk and, thanks to Decibel Magazine, In Solitude.
- We spoke to the Melvins’ Dale Crover, Pete Sandoval from Terrorizer and Morbid Angel, Hank Williams III, and Adimiron.
- We checked out new releases by Meshuggah and Barren Earth, and hardcore 7″s from Bad Advice, Give, and Guilty.
- We learned how to tell if ur cool.
- We read a new study that says Bandcamp is a piracy killer.
- We decided that we really don’t need a pair of Slayer socks.
- We confirmed that no one wants to be compared to Johnny Plague.
- We enjoyed the new Glenn Danzig internet meme.
- We realized that Yngwie Malmsteen has always had good taste.
Next week, we begin to count down the top ten on our list of The Top 25 Modern Metal Drummers! Who will make the cut?!?! Here’s a hint for the bottom five of said top ten: they’re all American. In fact, there’s only two non-Americans in the entire top ten! Any guesses? Step right up, place yer bets!