Hey, Unsigned Bands: This is Your Last Chance to Apply for a Day of Free Recording at the Converse Rubber Tracks Studio in Brooklyn!
HEY, BANDS: THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP! THE DEADLINE IS THIS SUNDAY!
Last year we teamed up with Converse to offer five unsigned metal bands the opportunity to record completely for FREE at Converse Rubber Tracks, a state-of-the-art, fully-staffed recording studio in Brooklyn. Each band recorded one song (in some cases two or three!) during their day at the studio, and the resulting tracks were featured right here on MetalSucks. Our pals at Metal Injection filmed the entire process for a mini-documentary featuring all of the bands. You can check out all of the tracks and videos from CRTxMetalSucks 2013 right here.
Surely you see where this going by now: CRTxMetalSucks is coming back for year two. And we’re upping the ante!
This time we’re bringing in acclaimed metal producer Will Putney to produce, engineer, mix and master the sessions. Will brings nearly a decade of experience to the studio, having worked on albums by Exhumed, The Acacia Strain, Misery Signals, Fit For An Autopsy, Suicide Silence and many, many more. We’re so excited to have Will on board we can hardly contain ourselves, and we’re positive he’s going to help this year’s bands sounds as incredible as they possible can. On top of that, this year we’ll be putting together a live show featuring all five bands to cap off the week, and it’s sure to be a party you won’t want to miss.
Sign-ups are now open! Apply today to have your band considered for a spot in this year’s series. Here’s how it’ll work:
- Apply here. Make sure you click the checkbox that denotes you’re signing up specifically for the Rubber Tracks x MetalSucks promotion. Please note that your band must be available to record between July 7 and July 11, 2014, and must be able to get yourselves to the Converse Rubber Tracks studio in Brooklyn. (C’mon — we’re already giving you free use of a studio for a day, you don’t expect us to pay for your travel and housing too, do ya?)
- MetalSucks co-heads Vince Neilstein and Axl Rosenberg will select their five favorite bands, each of whom will be awarded one day of recording in the Converse Rubber Tracks studio, absolutely free of charge. Each band will be assigned a day between July 7 and July 11 to enter the studio.
- Vince and Axl will be in the studio with you to hang out, provide feedback, rub your shoulders, whatever.
- Additionally, our friends from Metal Injection will also be in the studio with you, filming you for a very special behind-the-scenes video documenting the week’s activities.
- Both the song you record at Converse Rubber Tracks and the aforementioned behind-the-scenes videos will debut right here on MetalSucks, exposing your music to literally thousands of potential new fans! You will retain all rights to use your track(s) however you wish after that.
And that’s it! The deadline to apply is midnight EDT on Sunday, April 20, 2014; selected bands will be notified/announced the week starting April 29th. So what are you waiting for? Go here to apply!
Good luck — we’re stoked to see you in July!!!