Listen: Metallica’s “For Whom the Bell Tolls” But It’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey
It’s November, and you know what that means — it’s time to start celebrating Christmas! HO-HO-HOLY SHIT!
YouTube mash-up maestro William Maranci has kickstarted this holiday season (and, again, has done so not a moment too soon!) by marrying Metallica’s “For Whom the Bell Tolls” with Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You.” The thematic relationship between the two songs is obvious — one is about dying, and one makes you want to die — but considerably less obvious is how well James Hetfield’s vocals fit over the music of Carey and “Christmas” co-writer Walter Afanasieff.
And as a bonus, since you wouldn’t know this is not “Christmas” until Hetfield’s vocals kick in, you can troll your family by playing it as you sit down to enjoy your Jesus Birthday Hen or whatever the hell the goyim eat on December 25 (The Tribe eats Chinese food).
You can check Mariahca below. Assuming you dig it, here are some other fun mash-ups from Maranci:
- Linkin Park: “Faint” But It’s “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga
- Mash-Up: Rammstein’s “Du Hast” But It’s “My Love” by Justin Timberlake
- Mash-Up: Slipknot’s “Psychosocial” but It’s “Who Let the Dogs Out” by Baha Men
- Mash-Up: Meshuggah’s “Bleed” but It’s “Like a Virgin” by Madonna
- Here’s the Slipknot/ Maroon 5 Mash-Up of Your Nightmares
- This Is the Slipknot/ Eminem Mash-Up of Corey Taylor’s Dreams
- Happy Halloween! Here’s a Mash-Up of “Closer” by Nine Inch Nails and the Ghostbusters Song
- The Lion Korn: The Circle of Leash
- Finally: Metallica’s “For Whom the Bell Tolls” Mashed Up with Kanye West’s “Black Skinhead”
- Here’s a Mashup of Deftones and Britney Spears
- This Is the Tool and Taylor Swift Mash-Up of Your Dreams