THE AMON AMARTH VIKING BEARD CONTEST: SHOW US YOUR BEARDS!
Today is the day! The day Amon Amarth’s excellent new album Surtur Rising comes out (order here) and the final day of our Amon Amarth Viking Beard Contest which launched nearly three months ago. Which means today is the day that either 1) you send in pictures of the results of your [attempted] beard growth, or 2) you do not, because you wimped out and decided to shave.
So, if you recall, these are the rules:
- You already sent in clean-shaven pictures of yourself when we launched the contest in January. If you did not send in a picture then, you can’t enter the contest. Sorry.
- You grew a beard.
- Today we give you a code. Take a picture of yourself holding up a sign that says “MetalSucks,” today’s date, and the code. The code is: AA08. Email said picture to news [at] metalsucks [dot] net with “AMON AMARTH VIKING BEARD CONTEST” as the subject.
– a lock from Johan Hegg’s beard!
– the “super duper fan edition” of Surtur Rising, of which only a very small limited number were made.
– a drumhead signed by the whole band
– a Metal Blade Records t-shirt and lanyard
– a MetalSucks t-shirt in the design and size of your choosing
The deadline for sending in your “After” pic with the above code is Monday, April 4th, at 11:59pm EST). Johan himself will go through all the entries and select two winners, one male and one female (for best pit/leg-hair growth). We’ll announce the winners next week. Happy bearding!