CONTEST: PHOTOSHOP THE LEGENDARY RICHARD CHRISTY, WIN A TON OF COOL SWAG FROM CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED!
As we’ve said multiple times in the past few weeks, Cold Winds on Timeless Days, the sophomore effort from Richard Christy’s Charred Walls of the Damned, friggin’ KILLS. This supergroup which is actually super — it also features Tim “Ripper” Owens on vocals, Jason Suecof on guitars, and Steve DiGiorgio on bass — have made an album which, as Vince put it, is impossible to listen to “without feeling like your invisible chalice full of your slain enemy’s blood absolutely must be raised to the sky.” This is one of those records that is just pure metal, through and through.
To celebrate the album’s October 11th release (pre-order it here!), MetalSucks is proud to be teaming up with Metal Blade and the legendary Mr. Christy (Death, Iced Earth, Control Denied, The Howard Stern Show, etc.) himself for what is easily one of our coolest, and most fun, contests ever. Here’s how it’s gonna work:
- Download this picture of Richard Christy.
- Photoshop Richard into the most ridiculous, fun scenario you can imagine. Seriously, there are no limits here — do what ya gotta do to make us laugh.
- Send your entry, along with your name and address, to news AT metalsucks DOT net, with CWOTD CONTEST in the subject line. Please note that this contest is open to U.S. residents only.
And that’s it! We’ll select the three funniest photos to be the grand-prize and runner-up winners, respectively… and those winners will win some really, really, REALLY cool stuff. Check it:
One grand prize winner will receive:
- 1 Signed Sabian Cymbal
- 1 Signed Aquarian Drumhead
- 1 Signed pair of Vater 3A Fatback Drumsticks (the size Richard uses)
- 1 pair of Custom Vater full color Charred Walls of the Damned debut album art Drumsticks
- 1 signed Adult Concert Diaper (worn — but not used — by Richard at the Big 4 at Yankee Stadium show last week)
- 1 copy of Cold Winds On Timeless Days
- 1 CWOTD “Shield” t-shirt
Two runners-up will receive:
- 1 copy of “Cold Winds On Timeless Days”
- 1 CWOTD “Shield” t-shirt
Pretty sweet, right? Here’s what Christy himself had to say about the contest:
“Well, It’s time to submit myself to some photoshop ridicule all in the name of metal! I’m a big fan of funny photoshop pictures and I can’t wait to see what all of you metalheads come up with, I’m prepared to laugh! Make them funny or cool, whatever you choose! Winner gets an amazing prize pack including the adult diaper that I wore to the Big 4 concert in New York City! Luckily for all of you there were ample port a potties at the concert so I didn’t have to use my diaper in order to not miss any of the band’s songs! Trust me, it’s clean, the winner can smell it for themselves! Let the photoshopping begin!”
So download that photo and get crackin’. The deadline for entry is 11:59pm EDT on October 11th, the day the album comes out. Good luck, and may the funniest photos win!
-Axl, Vince, and Everyone at MetalSucks