Neilstein Soundscam: One Of Us Is Killing It
Hey, it’s time for this week’s Neilstein Power Rankings! Let’s go:
1. ↑ The Dillinger Escape Plan / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 2 / Weeks On: 4
Everyone had to see this coming, yeah? Huge first week, good enough for #25 on the overall Soundscan sales chart, solid fan activity, solid YouTube, and lots of touring. It’s all there right now for Dillinger.
2. ↓ Ghost / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 1 / Weeks On: 9
Album sales appear to have leveled off for Ghost, with only 200 less than last week. If they can keep selling 1,500 or so units a week they’ll be in great shape, though. FB activity and YouTube still looking good.
3. ↑ The Black Dahlia Murder / Peak: 3 / Last Week: 9 / Weeks On: 2
Anticipation for this album is building. You can feel it.
4. ↑ Alice in Chains / Peak: 4 / Last Week: 7 / Weeks On: 5
The band has yet to release another single, but they’re on tour now (read Anso’s show review here) and killing it. Next week’s album release is a huge event for heavy music lovers of all ilks. The FB% is very low, but that’s to be expected from an old band.
5. ASG / Peak: 5 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
Stream the album in full here before it comes out next week. Band killed it on tour with Orange Goblin, leaving jaded fans everywhere very impressed. They need some help in the Facebook department, though.
6. ↓ The Ocean / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 4 / Weeks On: 8
Nearly 3,000 units sold so far. I don’t have access to Ocean historicals but I’ll bet that’s easily their best tally by week three. Wait ’til Summer Slaughter, these guys are gonna crush.
7. ↓ Anciients / Peak: 5 / Last Week: 5 / Weeks On: 5
Albums sold: no data (Heart of Oak, week five)
Facebook: 9.2% Fan Activity (4,107 likes · 381 talking about this)
The Lamb of God tour opening slot should help them retain visibility and gain new fans.
8. ↓ Killswitch Engage / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 6 / Weeks On: 8
At 83k albums sold so far. Will surely cross 100k before too long… maybe another couple of months?
9. Immolation / Peak: 9 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
That’s a really solid FB activity % for a bunch of olds! Still, I don’t feel too much heat on this record. They’re preaching to the converted.
10. Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats / Peak: 10 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
This record is getting heat in all the right indie metal publications: NPR, Pitchfork, Stereogum, etc. I don’t really get it, though.